The office of Government and Community Relations (GCR) creates the bridge between Tufts University and its host communities: Boston, Grafton, Medford and Somerville. We develop and maintain relationships with our neighbors, local organizations, and elected officials to help Tufts University fulfill its mission to make a positive impact on the communities that surround our campuses.
What we do:
- Build and maintain relationships with our neighbors
- Advise university faculty, staff and students about scholarship, research and volunteer opportunities within our host communities
- Manage the Tufts Community Appeal, our internal giving campaign, and Tufts Community Grants, a program that provides grants for nonprofit organizations
- Host events on-campus including Tufts Community Day, the Tufts Classic, Tufts Summer Movie night and community gatherings
- Work with local stakeholders on campus development and public projects
- Support local nonprofit organizations with in-kind and financial contributions